Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Someone went ICE SKATING!!


I have always said that I wasn't going to take my children ice skating. I love skating with all my heart and I love what I do now, but to get where I am took a LOT from me and my family. I was almost destroyed emotionally and I physically have the body of a 50 yr old. I don't want my kids to end up like me. But, that is besides the point... We took Cooper skating this week to the same outdoor rink we did last year, only this year he donned the figure skates. It was so cute because he LOVED being on the ice, but he just couldn't stand up to save his life. As my friend (and manager of the rink) said, "Cooper has noodle legs!" Noodle legs, wobbly ankles, sea legs, whatever... he couldn't skate so I just pushed his around and between all the people. We weren't out there very long because my back was dying, but he didn't throw a fit or anything. I think his tummy may have gotten a little cold from the way I was holding him up, but he still didn't seem to mind. All in all, it was a great day of skating!!

Baby skates! They were a little big, but it was the smallest pair they had, and they only had one pair this size!
Andy putting on his skates while I put mine on
Trying to walk on the ground
See is cute belly?
I love this pic!
The only part he didn't like was standing and taking pictures with me :(
Guess he didn't like taking pics with Jed either. But, this was Parker's first time to an actual ice rink!

1 comment:

NicholsSouth said...

Hahahaha! He's so cute! It looks like he had a lot of fun! Yay! And you look fab!!!