Monday, December 12, 2011

Skating


These last two Saturdays have been FANTASTIC!! I got to be a contestant on "Let's Make A Deal" (the air date of my show is scheduled to be May 24, 2012 a day after Mom's bday) Speaking of my Mom... she went to the taping with me and was my skating "coach" since we had to dress up. It was a super fun day right down to pumping in the Rite-Aid parking lot, parallel parking on a random street, missing the 101 onramp and getting lost in little Armenia, eating the pretty snowflake cookie, scarfing down El Pollo Loco after no eating for 8 hours because it was healthier the Jack in the Box, and the grocery shopping at 9pm. What a day!!

This last Saturday, I got to skate/teach skating at Alec Gore's Christmas party. Ya, he is worth 1.9 BILLION dollars ( I looked it up). He seemed like a nice enough guy (he introduced himself before the party). His house was HUGE. Let's just say the ice rink was real ice in his backyard and our dressing room and green room were in one of his garages. The party itself was totally for the kids. I mean they could skate, make gingerbread houses, play dodgeball, build heir own remote controlled cars or helicopters, have their faces painted in super sparkly paint, girl's got fake eyelashes, it was unreal!! Cooper would have been in Heaven for sure. Even the food was for the kids... gourmet hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, crepes, fresh made doughnuts, hot chocolate, candy... I wish I was a kid! Needless to say, I enjoyed my outdoor skate in Beverly Hills!! Plus it was great to get out on the ice after being off it during pregnancy. I was a bit nervous, but it was all good! Woohooo!



1 comment:

NicholsSouth said...

JEALOUS!!!! That sounds like an awesome time! How much fun would that be...*sigh*