Thursday, November 17, 2011

Parker Brennan!



He's here!! After 9 long months, Mr. Parker decided to make his debut... 4 days late but that was ok!! Parker Brennan Strebel arrived October 22, 2011 @ 3:25am weighing in at 5lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. He came quickly via c-sec, but not on his scheduled surgery date. My Dr. scheduled the surgery for Oct 28... I told him he was crazy and this baby was not waiting that long and neither was this mom! I WAS RIGHT! I started having consistant contractions around 8 pm on the 21st. Now, I had been having Braxton Hicks and real contractions all throughout the pregnancy, but that night I knew they were the real deal. They were coming every 5 min and not going away. I texted my Mom just to give her a heads up that the baby may be arriving sooner then later and I think she thought I was semi joking. I waited around a little longer and around 10:00pm, I decided to call the hospital to see if I should just go in. They said to come on in, so I then did some housework, Andy called his Mom so Cooper would have someone watching him, and we went on our way around midnight to Redlands Comm. My contractions were kinda painful by that time.

I checked in, and they sent me to labor triage. My nurse whom I will refer to as "Big Bertha" was the same nurse who broke my water when I was in labor with Cooper. I remember her very well. Anyways, she checked me and I was dilated to a 2 and effaced 75%. This was good because when I had my weekly checkup with my Dr, I wasn't dilated of effaced! Anyways, she called the Dr on call (Dr. Goo) and Dr. Goo said she would come in and deliver the baby. My parents were present at the hospital, but again, I did not get to see them or talk to them before surgery. I got my epidural or spinal block...whatever, it was nice! The anesthesiologist was super cool and gave me the best pain killer ever... maybe it was before I didn't barf on his watch! Yay! The actual surgery was a lot longer then with my previous one. She said I had some scar tissue. Whatever, when I heard Parker cry, I was all good. He was finally here and I could see him!!

I was in recovery for an hour after being stitched up, but this time I got to hold Parker. It was super great to be with him and hold him. I finally got to go to my room and my parents got to meet Parker after being at the hospital for 5 hrs (I felt bad for them). Andy took a nap after they left... I tried to, but I was too excited. Parker slept in his little crib thing, and I was busy texting and facebooking everyone. By that time, I had been awake for over 24 hrs AND I was on drugs, so I had sent out a few weird texts. My bad! Parker got lots of visitors that day. Both families came, and friends too!! The most anticipated was Cooper. He said hi and that was about it. We spend only two days in the hospital because I wanted to go home. After my good drugs wore off, I was in a lot of pain... but it was worth it.

Parker is an easy baby so far. He only gets angry when he is hungry and doesn't get his food right away... same way I get!! He lost a little weight and got the Dr all worked up... but thankfully I learned from Cooper and told the Dr not to worry. He still wants weight checks, but I'm sure, with the way Parker eats, he will be on the charts soon enough. It's funny because Parker's head is perfectly round and half an inch bigger then Cooper's was... and we all know how big Coop's head is!! Here are some pics of Parker...

Settled down after birth
Why hello Parker!
Parker and Andy
First family photo
Cooper meeting Parker
Grabows
His weight check... he hated it sooo much
Going home
Right before we left hospital
I love his pumpkin butt, and his frog position
The boys!! (we just need Kronk)
Cooper's morning kiss for Parker
Brothers
Fluffy head
Cooper loves feeding Parker...he gets so angry if I try to help
Sleeping angels... best part of being a mom!
He had gas!

2 comments:

NicholsSouth said...

Welcome Parker!! He's just so darn cute. I'm glad you didn't have to go ALL the way to the scheduled c-section. I'm hoping this one comes early too. :) Congrats on your adorable family!!

NicholsSouth said...

Oh yeah...and I've been patiently waiting for this announcement blog!!! LOL! I think I checked almost everyday...lol! Anyways...congrats again!